Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Pink for October- Breast Cancer Awareness Month

In this world we live in, everyone knows someone who has fallen victim to breast cancer. What a vicious and horrible disease that affects a tremendous amount of people, men and women included.

Now this is not a public service announcement, but something everyone needs to be talking about and fighting. Did you know about 1 in 8 U.S. women (about 12%) will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime? That's a truly alarming statistic.

Unfortunately this disease runs in my family. At the age of 22 I lost my Grandmother to her second round of breast cancer. We call her Maw Maw. Unfortunately she was very ill when my oldest, Marlee, was born so we didn't get many pictures. My youngest daughter Amelia was born exactly one year after her passing. She made a sad day a celebration. I definitely think Maw Maw had a hand in that. :)

How to Help:

In this special month let's all take a moment and somehow contribute to the cause.

- National Breast Cancer Foundation

- Susan G. Komen Research Foundation

If we all spend just a moment supporting and caring for one another, we can truly make a difference.

In honor of this PINK MONTH I'd like to share my new Etsy Treasury with you. Here are a few of the gorgeous breast cancer awareness items I have featured:




 



Have a look at the full treasury here:



Please share stories of courage below or email them to me at creativelycraftedga@gmail.com. I would absolutely love to hear them!

Much Love,
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment